Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Has flickring lines going horizantal, not sure it was gifte

Customer Question

has green flickring lines going horizantal
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: not sure it was gifte to me but hasnt been on in at least 1year
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just starting got a remote to let e in
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: its a harmony remote
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;
Also ,Can you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the model number is *****
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Sorry , was out for the day when you replied last night .

Thanks for the model number and let me know when you are ready to resume.

Question ; If you open the tv`s own menu , does it cover that line or you can still see it over the menu ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i can still see the line
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

O.k then i`m sorry to say but this points to a defective lcd panel .

Anytime you have horizontal lines , shadows or blobs /spots etc. on a lcd tv and it shows over the menu then it is a sure sign of a defective panel.
As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money.

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I appreciate your time I had a feeling it was the board you just confirmed my other research I its a good thing though I have an excuse to get something new thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Much welcome and PLEASE DO NOT forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.