Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have screen blackout what can I do to get it back to

Customer Question

I have screen blackout what can I do to get it back to normal or what could it cause the incident to happen?
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The problem must be rather upsetting, but I hope I can help with it.

What device is the screen blackout happening on, please? by maker and model #, or at least by 'device type' (e.g. plasma TV, handheld device, computer screen, etc.)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is a DELL laptop (S/N): FNL8982

Do indicator lights, or responses to your actions on the keyboard or with the trackpad/mouse/pointing device, indicate that the computer has booted up?

If not, it may not be the screen that has the problem, but rather the CPU in the laptop may not be initializing.

One way to treat this is, to press and hold down the Power button, for at least 10 seconds, until the laptop shuts Off. Then pull the battery and unplug the AC Adapter.

And leave the laptop that way for a half hour, or overnight even, to cool off and reset.

Let me know whether that helps - I would like to see this case through to a good conclusion if at all possible.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that was helpful, it needs adjustments and I will check and let you know. Thank you.

You're welcome. Be sure to let me know how things turn out, please, in case I may offer further advice.