Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have Panasonic dvd recorder model DMRXW390 WHICH IS

Customer Question

I have Panasonic dvd recorder model DMRXW390 WHICH IS CONNECTED TO AN aKAI TV SET VIA a pyr cable connected to the red,white and yellow terminals on both machines., I can play back prerecorded tv programs but there is no sound, only a picture
Could you please advise a possible solution .Thank you, regards, ***** *****
gmail; ***@******.*** or phone: 02 93310838
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi Peter and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Akai TV.

And is there sound when any other source/input is used?

Is this a fresh/new install? ...or has the Akai and Panasonic been working together before and this no-sound issue just recent?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks,Louie.. The tv set model # is AK24FLEDC, AND THE DVD RECORDER IS DMRXW390 . This is the first time I have connected the recorder to the tv set The only other sound is from within the tv set itself.,I have not tried any other sound source. Peter.
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information Peter.

Have you re-checked and/or replaced the yellow + red & white RCA-to-RCA cables?

...and verified that these are connected to the Panasonic's AV OUT jacks to the Akai's CVBS + R & L IN?