Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have Panasonic dvd recorder model DMRXW390 WHICH IS

Customer Question

I have Panasonic dvd recorder model DMRXW390 WHICH IS CONNECTED TO AN aKAI TV SET VIA a pyr cable connected to the red,white and yellow terminals on both machines., I can play back prerecorded tv programs but there is no sound, only a picture
Could you please advise a possible solution .Thank you, regards, ***** *****
gmail; ***@******.*** or phone: 02 93310838
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi Peter and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Akai TV.

And is there sound when any other source/input is used?

Is this a fresh/new install? ...or has the Akai and Panasonic been working together before and this no-sound issue just recent?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks,Louie.. The tv set model # is AK24FLEDC, AND THE DVD RECORDER IS DMRXW390 . This is the first time I have connected the recorder to the tv set The only other sound is from within the tv set itself.,I have not tried any other sound source. Peter.
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information Peter.

Have you re-checked and/or replaced the yellow + red & white RCA-to-RCA cables?

...and verified that these are connected to the Panasonic's AV OUT jacks to the Akai's CVBS + R & L IN?