Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

The auto input sensing menu keeps popping up on screen. Any

Customer Question

Good Afternoon - the auto input sensing menu keeps popping up on screen. Any suggestions to make this stop??? Thank you for all of your help
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

These symptoms generally point to a mainboard failure with your set- and in many cases, requires replacement of that board (which is something that I can help you with).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, and remove any HDMI cables from the back of the TV.

Then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Wait a minute, then plug the HDMI cables back in, and plug the set back in. Power it up and see if you have the same problem. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If you're still having the same issue, then the part number: Mitsubishi 934C282001 (211A93301) Main Board needs to be replaced. That is showing as out of stock through most vendors, however a search on eBay using that part number may pull up a used/pulled replacement if you're looking to do this work yourself.

If that is not something you're comfortable with, then unfortunately a TV repair shop will charge close to $350-$400 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.