Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

My 2012 Panasonic plasma TV stopped working. It flashes

Customer Question

My 2012 Panasonic plasma TV stopped working. It flashes briefly, then red light blinks eight times. Can it be repaired, and what is estimated cost?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Can you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Hello , need help with this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

I know you can see my replies , it shows on myside every times you look , not sure why you`re not replying but anyway i know what the problem is but without the model number i cannot give you part numbers and i will give you the average cost of that board and what it would cost you to have it replaced at home .

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

I don`t usually give answers without making first contact but I will trust that you will rate me positively after reading it .

On these Panasonic plasma the 8 blinks code points to a defective X-sustain (SS) board and this board will cost on average $70 to buy .

If you ever want to do this yourself then give me the model number and I`ll find the correct board for you , there are many versions.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one but then again that is up to you.

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you