Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung TV will not source input all sources. It will

Customer Question

My Samsung TV will not source input all sources. It will only give me a option of TV or AV2. The other options are grayed out.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What is the model number of the Samsung set?

2) What other sources are connected to the TV (for example: Cable Box via HDMI, etc.)?

3) When did the problem occur?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can respond at 8:00 am est today.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Make it 8:30 instead.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm ready to proceed. I don't know the model and all that stuff. The TV is wall mounted and it would take two people to get it off the wall and a third to read the info behind it.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm alone.
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out of the question. It is now open for other experts to view and assist.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

- What video sources/ devices are connected to TV and what source input is not being selected on TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My name is***** only have a DVD player connected and I can receive input from it. Other than AV2 and TV, all other inputs are grayed out.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Is the DVD hooked into AV2 input of TV?

This info will help to answer the question.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
AV2
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK, TV input is default input source in Samsung TV and AV2 input is active because it gets video signals from DVD.

Rest of inputs are disabled/ inactive because no video source is hooked to them so they don't get video signals. If you connect another video device/ source to other input, it will be active/ enable and you would be able to select it.

In other words, if any video input source (except TV) doesn't get video signal, it will become grayed out/ disable automatically and it is normal in Samsung and other brands TV, so connect a video device in any other video input to get it enabled then select it.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Even the HDMI is grayed out. No one has disconnected it and yet it is grayed out.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

HDMI input is even more sensitive for video and control signals.

Is there any video source hooked into HDMI input of TV?

If not, simply connect a video device in HDMI input to enable it and it will get selected, try it now please.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

I need to go offline now for next couple of hours, will reply when come online if there is any further question.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. I think the problem is with my cable. I'm not getting a signal input from the box to the TV.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK, reboot your cable box, unplug its power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and let it reboot, hopefully it will help to resolve cable box issue and TV will show cable box channels.

Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm out of town on a family emergency. Will try when I return in a week or so.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK, please take your time.

Thanks.