Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a tv that over recent days has started to change

Customer Question

Hi, i have a tv that over recent days has started to change channels by itself, (& the volume!)
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: I have tried the obvious steps like changing the remote batteries, & unplugging & plugging in again (all to no avail!!!)
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: my tv is a Samsung LE32B450C4W
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I also have a BT vision box connected to my tv which might be an issue?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , i will be helping you today

Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Jack
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hello , a few questions

You said it changes channel by itself and you have a BT vision box .

Does it actually changes channels and tv stations on the screen ?

That BT box does it have its own volume control beside the one on the tv or is the remote programmed to operate the TV's volume ?

Are you receiving all your signal through that box or is the tv`s own DVB--T tuner also used ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

What I`m getting at is that if all your channels go through that box then the tv itself cannot be the one changing the channels , it just monitors and show what the box is receiving .

The volume is another matter but it depends who is controlling it .

Try to hide the BT remote in case it sends signals without any buttons being pressed but it could also be the box itself doing this .

Depending on the box model , there are buttons directly on it that could be acting up , not only the remote