Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Replaced main board in vizio e390 a1 now I have picture but

Customer Question

Replaced main board in vizio e390 a1 now I have picture but it is upside down
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Where did you purchase this mainboard please?

2) Does the part number match the old board exactly?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Amazon yes
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Okay, Amazon has many sellers. Can you please tell me who the seller was?

Also, what were the original symptoms you had?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Don't remember seller no video no sound but power supply was good
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

The reason I as is that an upside down picture indicates a mainboard that either has faulty software, or a corrupt EEPROM. Everytime we see an upside down picture upon replacement of the mainboard, it indicates the board was not a good board. So you were on the right track replacing the main, but the one you have has faulty software (perhaps was flashed for a different model), or the EEPROM (processor) is faulty. I would suggest purchasing the Mainboard from a reputable pulled/used parts vendor like Shop Jimmy, or TV Parts Guy.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The only thing different was the firmware original was 2.11 this is 2.08
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I just checked and those vendors are out of stock. Another reputable one we commonly use is FTV Parts and they are showing this board as in stock for your set:

I would suggest sending the one you have back to the seller and purchasing from the link above as the upside picture does point directly to a faulty main.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.