Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a 48" philips Model 4ZPF7220A/37B we have a pink

Customer Question

I have a 48" philips Model 4ZPF7220A/37B
we have a pink screen. Fixable
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What is connected to the set (cable/SAT box, DVD, etc.)?

2) If you grab the original TV remote and press MENU- does the MENU display normally?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if the Philips welcome screen displays or if you can use the OEM remote to pull up the set's native MENU's, etc.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?