Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Replaced my DLP on my Mitsubishi model number WD-65733 went

Customer Question

replaced my DLP on my Mitsubishi model number WD-65733 went to turn on tv has sound but no pic could it be one of the wires
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: WD-65733 2007 HDMI
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: you tube it was working just had the dots so replaced the DLP went to power it on can hear staic but black screen
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are there any lights you are seeing on the front (which ones, color, solid/flashing/pattern, etc)?
Can you see the mitsubishi menu screens at all?
Did you replace the dlp chip yourself, and did the tv ever work normally again after that was done?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
green flash then to red
no
yes, no
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
are you there
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Okay, it is possible there is a cord (wiring harness) that you didn't secure properly,

but the most likely issue is that you also have a bad dmd formatter board. That is a common failure, and often (about half the time) when replacing the chip you have to change out that board too, so that would be your ext step.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Yes, I'm here, I've been trying to locate parts for you. Unfortunately, that part is virtually impossible to find, no one has it in stock currently, and because this is an older model no more would be made either.

Can you look at the light a bit more carefully for me and see if there is any pattern to it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i've looked for a pattern to the light and there no single pattern
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

There isn't always one, and that is okay, I was looking to see if there was as that can indicate a specific fault (diagnostic code).

You can open it up and recheck your connections, also check the lamp and that the chip is installed correctly.

But beyond that this would still point to a bad formatter board, which again cannot be readily found. You can watch for one on ebay (part BK.80L88.21G), but realistically it's probably time for a new tv at this point, this is a 2007 model that is well past its service life at this point, and the dlp technology is now obsolete. You can probably still return (or resell) the new chip, and you can get a brand new LED tv for around $800, with updated features and a fresh warranty.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?