Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have plugged my PC analog into a digital switiching box

Customer Question

I have plugged my PC analog into a digital switiching box and then HDMI to my TV. The TV LC-70LE640U still does not recognize it.Any additional settings on the TV need to be changed. I m going blind going through the owners manual.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-What is the model number of your analog to hdmi switching box?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is a SYBA VGA to HDMI with audio.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

You need to set your PC 2nd monitor resolution to a valid "tv" resolution like 1080p or 720p. This will depend on your PC graphics properties for the 2nd monitor. look for 1920x1080 resolution or 1280x720 resolution. After setting the 2nd monitor to one of those, you may need to change/cycle the tv input then go back to it before it is recognized by the tv.

Let me know if you get stuck and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
well, I have it working. the computer screen is on the tv screen, but not under PC, under another HDMI plug.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

isn't that exactly where it should be since you are connecting with hdmi cable....

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

PC on the Tv would be connecting to the VGA port on the back of the tv, which you are not doing.

Are you having website difficulties preventing you from finding the 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

We got it working right? If there is something else, let me know... otherwise please do show your appreciation by submitting a positive rating for solving your question.