Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

What was resolution to the problem? 6 red and 1 yellow

Customer Question

what was resolution to the problem? 6 red and 1 yellow blinking light. I just replaced bulb about 6 months ago
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. A 6 red and 1 yellow blinking light code directly indicates "Lamp failure". Since you stated that you've replaced the lamp only 6 months ago, I am assuming that you purchased a $30 Amazon or Pureglare Lamp and not a $110 Osram (OEM) lamp, is that correct?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

The only possible causes of that code are a faulty lamp or the ballast inside of the set has failed. However if you did not purchase the OEM lamp (which is the only one that Mitsubishi recommends for this set- as the gas charge that sparks the lamp is of a tighter tolerance) then you would want to replace the lamp with the genuine replacement Osram lamp at the link below to fix the issue:

http://www.purelandsupply.com/wd73638-mitsubishi-dlp-tv-bulbs.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwt-G8BRDktsvwpPTn1PkBEiQA-MRsBbdNfWtknAy0XxwGGeNM_lOtVW9nAOxW-WVyM2SlPUAaAvdC8P8HAQ

The lesser priced lamps for sale all over the internet are simply not built to Mits specs and the gas prematurely leaks causing it to no longer spark and triggers a faulty lamp code (which is the 6 red 1 yellow blink code).

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

However if you used the Osram lamp when you replaced it, then you likely have a ballast failure in the set.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.