Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Its blinking orange, the tv has been sitting, 2010

Customer Question

its blinking orange
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: the tv has been sitting for 2yrs
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2010 Mitsubishi model #WD-60638
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: because it sat fir so long i replaced the bulb thats about it
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: will this cost?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Did the light start blinking orange only after you replaced the bulb?

2) Where did you purchase the replacement bulb from and for how much roughly?

3) Does that orange light blink 3 times, pause, 3 times, pause, etc.?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

When the light blinks amber/orange it means that the lamp cover is not closed securely, or the lamp you used is not OEM spec and is not engaging the micro switch inside the lamp chamber.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

That's why I was asking details about where you purchased the lamp and the price- since Mitsubishi only recommends the $110 Osram lamps- since they're built to tight tolerances. The $30 Amazon or Pureglare lamps cause this issue frequently.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you have not already tried this, unplug the TV then carefully remove the lamp and reinstall it- making sure it's secure. Then close the lamp cover tight as well and plug the set back in. Try to power it up. If you still have the blinking Amber status light then a test to determine if the lamp switches are broken or not, is to install the old lamp and see if you have the same problem. Let me know what you find since Status blinking Orange (the manual calls it Amber) directly means the lamp switch or lamp cover switch is not engaged.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Very disappointed this was a rippoff
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Why would you say that?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

You haven't replied back with any info, and I've told you directly what that blinking orange light means. I'm not sure where you need more help- but if you do- then simply reply back with details.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out of the question. It is now open for other experts to view and assist.