Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Have got no stored channels message followed by weak or no

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, have got no stored channels message followed by weak or no signal message. Can you help please. Thanks
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: Samsung 40'' screen. Don't know the model number. Just happened after it asked me to auto retune which I obviously must have done incorrectly
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None as don't know about this sort of thing
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Such as?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) How do you receive broadcasts on the set- is it through a cable/SAT box connected?

2) Is this the fist time setting up the TV?

3) Have you tried using the SOURCE button to select the AV or HDMI Inputs to get back to your programming, if not?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Without further information, I will try to take a stab at the potential problem. When the set asks you to scan for channels, but you were already using it previously- you do not want to scan for channels.

Instead what has happened is that the TV's Source setting has changed (either inadvertently, or because the set lot communication with the cable/SAT box).

Please proceed by doing a full reboot as follows:

1) Shut the TV off and unplug the cable/SAT converter box from power.

2) Carefully remove and reconnect it's cable connecting it to the TV (HDMI, Scart, Component, etc.)- making sure it is connected securely on both ends.

3) Plug the cable/SAT box back in and give it a few minutes to reboot.

4) Turn the TV ON and use the Samsung's SOURCE button to toggle through the available Inputs to see which one restores your programming.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?