Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sharp flat screen TV, approximately 8 years old.

Customer Question

I have a Sharp flat screen TV, approximately 8 years old. When I turn it on the picture goes away but the sound remains. It doesn't always happen but maybe twice a day. I have to let the sound go on for 5 minutes, then turn it off and back on again. Sometimes that works but sometimes I have to do it 3 or 4 times more. Any ideas why and can it be fixed.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi Marjule , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

When this happens , is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Can you see the tv`s own menu for example ?

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Also ,Can you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Sorry but I tried to accept that phone offer which was sent by the website by the way , not me and it said payment failure , probably that your CC company declined the charges but in any case this chat will do as well .

I have a pretty good idea of the problem but all I would need is for you to answer my question about the background being dark or blank with some background light .

Then if you want exact details I would need the model number otherwise I will give you an educated estimate that will be pretty close