Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I purchased my T.V. approx. three months ago with no

Customer Question

I purchased my T.V. approx. three months ago with no problems at all except for today, 07/25/16. during a program the "vizio cast display" bar on top of the screen flashes on for approx. 15 sec. and the sound and picture changes to? This happens on all channels? Any Idea what is going on?Thanks,Rick
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Offhand these symptoms point to a mainboard failure in the TV- which generally requires replacement of the board. In this case, this is something I can help with you with.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and operates normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If you're still having the same problems this indicates a premature fault in the set's Mainboard, which unfortunately needs to be corrected by Vizio if the steps above do not work. In order to start a warranty repair ticket, you would need to contact Vizio using the number below:

How to Get Service

Before obtaining warranty service, you may visit www.vizio.com for additional help and troubleshooting. To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email at***@******.*** or via phone at 877 MY VIZIO(###) ###-####. The VIZIO Technical Support hours are 5:00AM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday and 7:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Pacific Time.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
your instructions did not work! and now you are referring me to vizio.com? I thought you worked for vizio! That is how I got this site! by logging into vizio.com! I demand a full refund!!!
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do not call me bcause if I tap for the answer, you'll charge me $26 what a scam!