Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Sony Bravia LCD TV kdl 40w4100 purchased approx

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I have a Sony Bravia LCD TV kdl 40w4100 purchased approx 2004/2005
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it comes on and the picture is ok, then gets dark and shadowy after about 15 - 20 mins
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm thinking it can't be fixed but checking Internet to see what might be the issue
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: it used to have a bad somewhat distorted pic then after 15 -20 mins the picture would be fine, now it is the opposite and not sure if it is getting too hot
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'msorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info:

1) When did this problem occur?

2) When the screen goes black, if you grab the original Sony remote and pull up the HOME/MENU- does the TV's own MENU display?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need assistance with this?