Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My Samsung television screen is red, I can see an hear but

Customer Question

My Samsung television screen is red, I can see an hear but it is red
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: This is not a TV that I watch daily so it is not uncommon for it to be off several a days at a time.... I would say it's about 4-5 years old but not used very much at all
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: checked cable connections and power source, turned off and on, at first it was just sound , then when picture came on it was red
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info:

1) Are you able to get the model number off of the back of the TV?

2) What is connected to the TV- is it only the cable box?

3) If you grab the original Samsung remote and press Home/MENU, etc. do the TV's own MENU's display on the screen please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cable box only
Original remote doesn't control TV, was instructed to use only cable remote
Model PN42C450B1DXZA
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I request is clear
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. The original TV remote will always control the TV, regardless of what cable remote is programmed. What we're trying to figure out is if the TV or your cable box is the root cause. Hit the MENU button on the TV itself and let me know if the TV's MENU displays.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Reboot your cable box by shutting the TV off then unplugging the cable box from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Once the cable box starts to reboot- turn on the TV and let me know what you see on your screen please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It doesn't control Tv
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Please read the rest of the instructions above.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's rebooting but still has red tint
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Are you able to see the picture- but with the tint there? Or do you see nothing but a solid red screen?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As I stated the screen is clear....thank you I would like to request refund please
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***