Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

My Tv will not turn on red light flashes bit then nothing

Customer Question

My Tv will not turn on red light flashes for a bit then nothing
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

What is the model number of the tv?

How long have you had the tv?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's a samsung 60 inch LCDabout 2 years old not sure of model number
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release (or leave the cord unplugged for 3 full minutes).
-plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

Describe what happened when you performed the above procedure.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tried both Red light is on bottom right but nothing else..
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, complex checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. If your tv is not under a warranty then diagnosis, parts, and labor will end up costing about $300 and could take a few days to weeks to get all sorted.

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant. I am sorry to give you the bad news.

Let me know if you want help finding a local repair shop and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page to show your appreciation for saving you so much time and money.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?