Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My TV will not cut on by remote or power button and a red

Customer Question

My TV will not cut on by remote or power button and a red light is flashing on TV Timer Rec
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

Please try this:
-disconnect all audio/video wires from the tv.
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in only the tv power cord and try to turn on.

Reply back and describe what happens.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
nothing happen still the same
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, complex checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted but unless your tv is under warranty, I can tell you that diagnosis, parts, and labor will end up costing more than a new 35" Tv and could take a few days to weeks to get all sorted. I would strongly suggest you use the money you saved by coming here first toward a replacement tv rather than going for a repair.

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but please keep in mind an in home diagnosis by a local repair shop costs $100-$135 up front. Finding out whether your tv can be repaired and how much it may cost from this online chat costs a fraction of that. At least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times.

Once again I am sorry for the bad news. Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page to show your appreciation for saving you so much time and money.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?