hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer

Our tv tells us every move the chracters are making like we

Customer Question

our tv tells us every move the chracters are making like we are blind. How do we turn this feature off?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info:

1) Is there a cable or satellite box connected to the TV please?

2) If so, what is the brand and model number off of the front of the box (for example: Explorer 4240HD, etc.)?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Motorola RNG200N
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. Please try a reboot of the converter box as it seems the closed captioning functioning is enabled on the Xfinity box. Pull the power cord from the box from the outlet for 20 seconds and plug it back in. Once the box reboots let me know if the issue is still there please.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If that does not work, then please try the following steps:

For Motorola/Arris HD TV boxes
1)Turn the TV box off and leave TV on.
2)Press Menu on the TV box or remote control.
3)Using the down arrow, navigate to Closed Captioning.
4)Press the right arrow to Enabled or Disabled.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I did what you said it told me that the DVS settings were off. Nothing changed when I turned the box back on?
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Which steps are you referring to- the reboot, or shutting off the CC function outlined in my second reply?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did both of tem
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Could it be on the tv instead of the cable box?
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Okay, then it appears something is locked up in the Xfinity box itself then and you would need to contact Comcast to have them either run through the hidden MENU in the box to shut this down.

No it could not be the TV as the TV has no way of knowing what is going on-screen, all of the signal is generated by the Cable Box itself- not the TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you think there's a chance it's the TV, then please reply back with the following:

1) The model number off of the back of the Sony.

2) The specific type of cabling/connections between the box and the TV (HDMI, coaxial, etc.).

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Since you were not able to fix my problem does the website charge my credit card?
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 3 months ago.

Hello look for a lang button or SAP button on your remote control as it seems the secondary audio channel has been activated to Spanish or the DVS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Don't have either of those on either of my remotes. I do have a subtitle CC button on my Sony remote?
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Hello , i`m Jack , different tech. , your question was reposted so i will be the one who helps you now and i know exactly what you need to do here .

Open the menu and go to SETUP , open this and go to AUDIO open this and turn off DESCRIPTIVE VIDEO SERVICE and you`re done .

Happy tv and If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.

Press the Menu button twice on the Comcast silver remote control.

A new screen below will appear, with the top-left option automatically selected.Use the down-arrow key (above the Info button) to navigate to Setup and press OK/Select (the center key on the remote control in the middle of the 4 arrow/directional buttons).

Use the down-arrow key (above the Info button) to navigate to Audio setup and press OK/Select.

The Default Audio Track will default to the first option–Channel default–which which is always the channel’s main audio track (unless it was previously changed).

•Press the right-arrow navigation key to change the audio track. Changing this selection will instantly change the audio.
1.Press once for English
2.Press twice for Spanish (Español) OR to activate Video Description (DVS)
3.Press three times for French (Français)
4.Press four times for Portuguese (Portugues).
5.Then press the Exit button (above the Volume button) to resume program viewing

Please note: These audio options can only be heard if the program provider or cable channel is providing that additional audio option.

If the above does not help, look at the remote control for your TV set (not your cable box) as the language settings may have been accidentally changed on the TV set (sometimes labeled as MTS or SAP on the TV remote control or the TV's set up menu).

This blog details pressing the "A" button if you have one on the Xfinity remote