Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I a problem with no sound after a storm. direct tv cable

Customer Question

I a problem with no sound after a storm. direct tv cable into back of tv. cables from bose unit for dvds go into component 1. that has no sound prob. cables for picture go into component 2. used to have pic until I messed with SONY tv remote... help
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Right now you probably changed the input on the sony tv so with the sony remote look for either INPUT or TV/VIDEO and press that button repeatedly until the picture comes back

Let me know how that goes and then we`ll see about the sound problem

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Please do not touch any of the wiring , the storm cannot affect them so they are fine now if they were before , this can be cleared but for now try to get the picture back with that input ,tv/video button

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

By the way if you received a $26 phone offer it was automated from the web site ,not from me .

Tried to accept it nonetheless and this is what I got , quote " Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation. "

Your CC company probably declined the charges

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Let me know about the picture on the sony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Go to phone. I put not the problem
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Better yet call land. (###) ###-####then we can deal with cc prob .
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Sorry but I have to go by the website rules cannot call you directly , this has to be done through the website

I don't know how we could deal with CC problem , I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Please use this link or phone number for these questions;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

The sound problem is very likely the direct tv box that needs a reboot , pull out its power cord for a couple minutes and in the mean time set your tv to component 2 and watch the screen after you plug back the direct tv box power cord and turn it on .

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Your direct tv box may have failed completely as well (picture and sound) after that storm

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Direct tv has been reset Problem with Sony remote!
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

what do you mean sony remote problem , it doesn`t work ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Message says No tuning. & alt audio antenna unrated
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

You are in tv mode and you direct tv box is in component 2 , set your tv there , yo must know how , you switch to the bose at times yes ??

Use the tv/video or input button , I repeat , you are in tv mode right now

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is Hun up repeating that message
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

O.k then that's you satellite box sending this ,

Its either gone defective or its LNB on the dish itself failed , nothing to do with the sony remote now , call direct tv

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Or are you saying you cannot change the input on the tv ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had done that so many times, but now I hav pic
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Great , how about the sound , is that back too ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The sound is up to 100% on the screen but not that much noise I can vaguely hear it. That is why I went to the Sony remote to find something on it
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Do not touch the sony remote again , leave it there and reboot the box as I suggested , pull the power cord

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

If that doesn`t do it then you will need a new box , this one has failed during that storm

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have rebooted the box twice now no help. I even talk to DIRECT TV they say I can have someone out here in a week because this area has left a lot of people probably with the same problem.
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

That's it then , sorry but I cannot fix hardware from where I am

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you have other questions