Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have 3 icons that have appeared on my Samsung TV screen

Customer Question

I have 3 icons that have appeared on my Samsung TV screen and can not get rid of them. One is a sound icon and is Samsung Sounder J-Series. One is on the top of the screen that has 3 oblong boxes and 123 in a circle. One is on the bottom of the screen that looks like a 3d image of a smart box. How can I get rid of them? I have been through every topic on every remote I have.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sounds like the set is in demo mode that is demo or shop mode to be displayed in a shop , so please have a look in the settings menu for this and deactivate it , if you do not see it please let me know

If succesful please could you rate the info 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you any issues let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That did not answe anything. It is in home mode and i just said i have been using this set up for about a year and a half. Sounds like I just spent a lot of money for nothing.

OK so these are boxes then?perhaps one or two are blank boxes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I the top icon it is a grey circle with 3 blank oblong connected boxes with the numbers 1 2 3

OK I can understand your frustration with this but please be patient whilst we work this out, OK if you try another input like a DVD player or bluray is it the same using that?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. But now no sound either

Yes but that may be the way you have connected it for no sound the thing is those boxes have now gone yes?that means you have a problem with the box now as you have rebooted it with no change you could try the closed caption buttons CC\subtitle or text buttons on the box remote if that does not work you will need to get the box swapped

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is greatly appreciated thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What box are you talking about? I don't think we are on the same page.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will just try to figure it out.

You will be watching TV services through a satellite or cable box?if your not how are you receiving TV services?antenna?

LeAnn most people receive TV services via a cable or satellite box if you are not using this then you will be just using an antenna however I dont think that is the case because the boxes disappeared when you connected the DVD player?so the only other source would be antenna and if that was the case the boxes would still be there

Just saying "I will try to figure it out" when I have gave you all the info you need is not very fair......

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have Direct TV. Those are not the "boxes" I was talking about. Please refer to my original question. There were 3 icons on my screen. One of which had "3 oblong boxes" I think we were talking about different boxes. I have had this problem since yesterday. Every thing has been turned off and restarted several times. I still have 3 icons I can not get rid of. They appeared and never went away. I will continue to figure this out. I do not want to talk with you about this anymore. I do not want to spend anymore money on monthly services. I did not want to spend the money I did except when I asked the question I could not seem to just end it. It was a bit misleading. If I knew asking a question was going to cost me $28 I would have said no if I had known it was going to be this difficult.