Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician
Experience:  25 + Years experience repairing TVs, VCRs Computer etc.

My samsung tv went black after lightning last night.the two

Customer Question

My samsung tv went black after lightning last night.the two green power lights keep blinking.I can turn the tv on and it will stay on for app 2 minutes then the screen and sound shuts off,Two green lights are still blinking.I have to turn tv back on and shut off for the green lights to go out within 2 minutes.
Category: TV
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 3 months ago.

Hello and good morning.

I am Tech Michael and I will explain this to you the best I can.

Lightning is in the hundreds of thousands of volts and if it gets to the electrical lines anything is possible as these circuits run on very low voltage, so you knwo that is not a good sign;-(

In this case Im sure there is serious damage to components in the TV Im sad to report. There is one thing you cant try though, please unplug the TV from power for 10 full minutes, then plug it back in and let me knwo if that solves the issue?

Sometimes the TVs logic circuits will glitch and cause this when too much power is applied, if that is all that happened it should work well.

If not, then you will need to bring your TV to a repair shop for diagnostic test to determine what is actually wrong now.

Let them know about the lightning issue.

Both Best Buy and Sear are excellent service centers for this repair if needed, they do a great job at repair and are low cost as well;-)

Also it will be guaranteed!

I hope the unplugging reset procedure works for you fingers crossed and I wish I had better news for you on this, I really do. Lightning can destroy so many electronic devices, you should use a good quality surge protector to prevent these things from happening in the future;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you

Tech Michael