Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

There is a darker band (vertical) down the right side of my

Customer Question

There is a darker band (vertical) down the right side of my LED TV
JA: Just to clarify, what's the LED television's exact make and model?
Customer: LG 50LN5600
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not much. I just replaced the T-con board, as it had a black screen but I can see fine, except of the dark section.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. A darker band on the screen would generally point to a failing section of LED's in the screen itself, which is not easily repairable. There are however light strips available if you want to replace that section of lighting in the screen. However what I would suggest first, is carefully removing and re-seating all of the connections to the power supply/LED board first (even if these were not touched) just to make sure that all connections are secure and attached tightly between the LED panel and the power board. If that is not the cure, then the LED strips for your screen can be purchased at the link below- but requires complete separation of the screen to access and replace the strips:

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?