Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

We just had a lightning strike. The TV 's standby light is

Customer Question

We just had a lightning strike. The TV 's standby light is on but the set won't come on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: LG60LM7200
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I only unplugged it for a minute or so
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No mam, thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-If you press MENU on the tv or the original LG remote, do you see the menu on the screen?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No there's nothing except the red light at the bottom right hand side.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, complex checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. I can help you find a local shop if you want.

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant. I am sorry for the bad news.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page to show your appreciation for saving you so much time and money.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome.

Please show your appreciation by submitting a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?