Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

We just had a lightning strike. The TV 's standby light is

Customer Question

We just had a lightning strike. The TV 's standby light is on but the set won't come on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: LG60LM7200
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I only unplugged it for a minute or so
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No mam, thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-If you press MENU on the tv or the original LG remote, do you see the menu on the screen?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No there's nothing except the red light at the bottom right hand side.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, complex checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. I can help you find a local shop if you want.

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant. I am sorry for the bad news.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page to show your appreciation for saving you so much time and money.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

You're welcome.

Please show your appreciation by submitting a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?