Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I have a Vizio Model E420i-A1 Vizio TV. I'm trying to hook

Customer Question

I have a Vizio Model E420i-A1 Vizio TV. I'm trying to hook up a Toshiba VHS/DVD recorder player - Model DVR620KU. Both have HDMI hookups. I can't get the Toshiba to recognize the Vizio. It just says no signal. There is a Audio out on the VHS/DVD but no Audio in on the TV. Do I need to get the cables that are green, blue, and red for hookup? The audio out on the VHS/DVD is red, white, and yellow and the only component hookups on the TV is green, blue, and red and a audio out on the TV that is red, white and optical? The HDMI hookup doesn't seem to work.
I have DirecTV.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 months ago.

So both the vhs\dvd and teh TV have HDMI, OK when you hooked up via HDMI did you swap the INPUTs with the INPUT button on the TV remote?it will be marked INPUT or SOURCE or HDMI

Let me know please

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Do you need anymore help with this please?

If all is well would you please rate the info 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar at the top of the page consists of stars ,its the only way the site will release a payment to me thanks