Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I just purchased a RCA TV from a pawn shop. How do I check

Customer Question

I just purchased a RCA TV from a pawn shop. How do I check to see if it is set up for 1080p>
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi Customer and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the RCA L40FHD41 is capable of 1080p through its Ant/Cable, Component Video and HDMI inputs. It automatically switches to what is fed to it.

Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Thus, it would be the source/input that would dictate what the TV's resolution would be. Hence if an HD Blu-ray player connected to this TV is configured to output 1080p, then the RCA L40FHD41 would display 1080p...automatically.

On the otherhand, if an SD cable box is connected to this TV with yellow + red & white RCA-to-RCA cables, then this TV would automatically configure itself to be backward compatible with the 480i signal.