Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

Hope you can help me. We bought a 42" LG 9/8/2015. My wife

Customer Question

Hi, Hope you can help me. We bought a 42" LG 9/8/2015. My wife was watching it last night and turned it off. This afternoon she wanted to turn and nothing happens. I tried unplugging it but no light on the tv. Is there any warrenty for this?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Have not left it off for only 2 mintues. I can try leaving it off. I will go unplug it now.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just unplugging it for a little bit.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No Thanks for taking my problem.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , a TV/AUDIO repairman with 40 years experience.
Perhaps i can help you with this , let me know when you are ready to proceed please .

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

do you need help with this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

You were talking to a computer at the beginning by the way

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Her (its) suggestion to unplug the tv for a few hours is totally redundant at this point if the tv is dead as a door nail

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

If your tv is totally dead like there is no light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on then indeed it is time to claim the warranty which will run outsoon so I would not wait .

You can call their customer service at this number(###) ###-####or start an online claim at the link below;

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.