hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

I need to connect mitsubishi lt 40151 tv to our dish network

Customer Question

I need to connect mitsubishi lt 40151 tv to our dish network satellite receiver. but the cables for the receiver do not match the tv manual so i need to know how to connect
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it was bought in 2010 and is LT 40151 model
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried connecting yellow red and white to y r l connectors on the tv and the coax cable to the antenna input.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I have a dvd player and vcr player with the cables to connect as well
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

How do you mean " the cables for the receiver do not match the tv " ?

You don't have the correct cables or the terminals are not the same ?

Can you give me the model number of your dish receiver box

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Is there a port called HDMI on the dish box ?

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

If so then your tv has 4 HDMI inputs , all you need is a single HDMI cable and you`re done .

You connect it from the dish box to say HDMI 1 input att the rear of the tv and set the tv`s input there and thats it , you have a HD picture and sound

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

If you don`t have a HDMI cable then believe me its worth going out and buy yourself a $10 cable , no need to go for fancy $40 cables.

Beside the hassle of connecting a mess of wires ,it will give you the best picture and sound you can get .

I see that you are reading my answers but perhaps cannot reply so f that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The cables from the receiver are a coax for channels 3-4 and RCA out with yellow, red and white jacks. The connectors on the tv are color coded differently.
The receiver has a number 825 on the front
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Is it supposed to be HD ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't see HD anywhere in the manual.
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Look again for a port called HDMI

That number doesn`t bring anything , can you see something that starts with VIP...... ?

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

In any case the red/white/yellow connection can be used but it would be a shame to use that if you can go for component at least

This would be like connecting a vcr in the 80`s with low fuzzy resolution

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

In any case if you have only the red/white/yellow cable then at the back of the tv insert the red and white in their matching colors then the yellow into the green terminal at the back of the tv into INPUT 2 then select that input on the tv

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't see anything labeled HDMI. There is a receptacle with 4 pins with a symbol
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

sorry but without a name or model number I cannot suggest anything on that box , you are probably looking at Svideo

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

connect it the way I suggested and it will work

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

on the box manual`s cover , what does it say ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Duo DVR 522/ Duo DVR 625. I may have seen the 6 an read it 8
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

That's correct , no hdmi so you will have to use the red/white/yellow cables as I explained above , here it is again;

if you have only the red/white/yellow cable then at the back of the tv insert the red and white in their matching colors then the yellow into the green terminal at the back of the tv into INPUT 2 then select that input on the tv

The tv will detect the composite signal and switch for it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Then what to do with the DVD input?
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

What dvd ???

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

If you have a dvd there then use input 1 for it , they are the same

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have a dvd player with three jacks red blue and green. How do we input that to the tv?
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

You mean its not connected yet ??

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Just follow the colors

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

the terminals are color coded just match the colors

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Would that be for the input 1 connection?
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Sorry but I think you will need an installer .

Myself I have to step out , sorry but I did not think this would take this long and I have service calls to attend to .

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 4 months ago.

Hello I am another Expert.

I have attached the part of the manual which shows what to do. Yes, you can use Input 1 or 2 for the Red blue & green but you will also need to connect the Red (Right) & white (left) cables between the TV & DVD which will provide the sound.

​Please let me know if you have further questions.