Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 32" Panasonic TV ,and if I try to communicate with

Customer Question

Hello Pearl
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I have a 32 " Panasonic TV ,and if I try to communicate with the remote control ,I get a message on screen ,PROHIBIT ,How do I get rid of it ,Thanks Gabi
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: TV Is model TH-L32C5M
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried all kinds of reset procedures ,mainly pressing on -V and menu
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Gabi please begin by rebooting both the TV and any satellite or cable box you may be using by unplugging both from wall-power waiting 5 mins then re-plugging back in again ,let me know if their is any change please

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello ,I can view programs once the tv is connected to a cable box ,when the tv is turned on it shows AV3 ,So i can view once connected to AV3 ,the picture will turn off after about an hour and than turn on ,I can change programs thru the Cables remote controller as well ,but still the tv REMOTE does not communicate with the TV ,and pressing any button on it shows PROHIBIT it seems to me the tv is in hotel mode ,?