Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Tv in standby. Power on will blink, digital television is

Customer Question

Tv in standby. Power on will blink, digital television is displayed briefly, then goes back into standby
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Emerson LD195EMX
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. These symptoms indicate a hardware failure in the TV causing it to shut back down because it is sensing a short internally. This is not within normal operation of the TV, and the power supply/backlight inverter board needs to be replaced to fix the issue. If looking to repair the set yourself, the board is normally $25 at the link below- but showing as out of stock:

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/emerson-ld195emx-main-cba-power-supply-ba94n0f01012-a94n4mpw/

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

You can keep in touch with that vendor to locate a replacement when they come back in stock, or if this is not something you're comfortable with, a shop will charge close to $125 to replace the board. This is NOT cost effective as a 19" LED TV costs around $140 these days, so it does not make sense to put costly repairs into this set.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance once you're able to see my reply.