Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

How do i do the firmware emerson ld195emx black friday tv?

Customer Question

How do i do the firmware for an emerson ld195emx black friday tv? My adobe wont let me open the instructions from emerson
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I just got the tv from a pawn shop
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Ld195emx
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Downloading the firmware instructions
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: The channel button makes the tv change inputs. Emerson admits the problem and has a fix. I just cant download the instructions
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you having a specific problem with the actual operation of the tv (some feature isn't working?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have read that this model is a black friday model ld195emx and that there are firmware instructions how to fix it from when pressing the channel button up or down it changes the input and it also doesnt see digital antenna channels
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where are ur answers?
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I have not sent an answer yet. Please send only a single response and allow me an opportunity to respond, the multiple messages get delayed further.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok sorry
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

That's okay,

you can get the update file (download) here: http://www.funaiport.com/download/download.php?id=63&type=firmware&brand=Emerson

To update,

you need to check the serial number printed on the back of the tv, and note the first 3 digits.

Within the zip file you download, pick the update file that matches the first 3 of your serial, and copy just that file to the root directory of a blank usb memory stick

insert the usb stick to the tv, with tv power unplugged

plug tv in and turn on, it should update automatically.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The link u sent me was a photo file of some sort and did not open. Please refund my $28
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

The link is directly from emerson,

I was simply providing a link as a courtesy, as you had really only asked for the instructions initially, which is what I provided.

I would be happy to look further for the link for you though if you don't have your own firmware file already

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
http://www.funaiport.com/download/download.php?id=63&type=firmware&brand=EmersonIt gives me a black square after downloaded
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

The emerson support site is pretty poor and doesn't seem to support proper linking,

you need to go here: http://www.emersonaudiovideo.com/support/download.php

type in the model number of your tv, and on the results page under firmware is the file you need to download.

You have to then actually open/uncompress the actual zip file and view the contents of it to find the one for your tv to put on the usb, and you need to do this on a windows computer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I already did that first and the pdf will not open! Then i came to this site hoping the expert could open it and instruct me how to do it
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

You do not need to open the pdf

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

The pdf is simply the instructions.

You need to click on the firmware download,

that is a .zip file

you need to then open the .zip file, and find the proper firmware file (which matches the first 3 of your serial number) in the zip file,

that will be a .bin file, which is what you put on a usb stick to then plug into the tv.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It doesn't get that far for me to choose
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Where exactly are you getting stuck? To choose what?
If you got to the page with the pdf instructions, the next link on the same page right below that is the update file.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When i go to that link it only give me a box in the middle that instructs to put in model number and that's it.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Are you doing this on a computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. We are in the middle of a camping trip with no working tv
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

What I am asking is if you are going to the link that I had sent you and doing these steps on a computer (pc), or are you trying to do it on a phone, kindle, tablet, etc?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Phone
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its all we have out here
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

That will not work.

This process is ONLY possible from a computer, as I mentioned before in the instructions, you have to download the file and transfer it to a usb memory stick, which can only be done on a computer. A phone will not work for this purpose.

It will work and you can update properly when you are in another location and can follow the process from a computer correctly, but a phone is not possible to do this on.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well i would like a refund because this did not fix the problem with what we have. I was under the impression that this site could get me the info i needed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will then give u a great rating..then cancel
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing stated there may be limitations due to devices
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry I can't give you an instant fix for this. I have given you the correct process, files, and information, the limitation here is your equipment, which I had no indication of. The information is correct, and will work, but the proper equipment is required and nothing can be done to change that. I did state previously in the process what was necessary.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help. Asking for a refund effectively forces me to work for free for the past hour advising you with correct information.

If you still feel it is fair and reasonable to ask for a refund in the end, that is ultimately up to your discretion and conscience, and that would be handled from the help page.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It has not been an hour and there is no disclaimer stating problems may not be handled due to devices. I trusted this site and now i should be out $30? No...i will dispute it on paypal. I wasnt saying i wud give u a low rating...i just was reassuring u that due to this inconvenience i ask for a refund and the rating would still be a good one.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The way this site is set up. ..time is absorbed by delays in communication
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I have no control over or access to any billing matters, I can't give you a refund.

I'm not saying you can't have one, just that you need to go to the help page for that, and I was explaining how the site works in regards ***** ***** payment.

The site does have a satisfaction guarantee, the intent being that you will get a quality and accurate answer. As you can imagine, it isn't possible to allow for every different device someone may be using. I indicted in the initial instructions I provided that a usb stick is necessary, something that could only be done by computer.

Again, refunds are handled through the help page.

Have a nice night,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It offers a 30 day satisfaction guarentee
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Yes it does.

If you feel my time and efforts in providing you this information are of no value, you may seek a refund through the help page.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Help page is not easy to find but i have emailed this site and paypal
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

It is under the Account page and then Help.

If you'd like to continue on at another time when you have access to the appropriate equipment, I'd be happy to help further then if needed,

and your reconsideration in rating and crediting me for my time would be appreciated as well.