Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

My RCA TV will not power on. The light is not lit up on

Customer Question

My RCA TV will not power on. The light is not lit up on front of tv
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: LED60B55R120Q
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: UNPLUGGING, plugging pack in and holding power button 10 seconds then trying to turn on
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-What is the purchase date of the tv?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
January 2015
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Do you see the tv screen glowing or flicker when you first plug in/power on?

Can you see the tv menu if you press MENU button on the tv or the original RCA remote?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is nothing no power at all
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Are you 100% sure there is AC power to this outlet? test by plugging in simple table lamp to this outlet

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, complex checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. I can help you locate a nearby shop if you like.

Reply back for more information on either of these and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but keep in mind that an in home diagnosis by a local repair shop costs $100-$135 up front and repairs can total $350. Finding out whether your tv can be repaired and how much it may cost from this online chat costs a fraction of that. At least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?