Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a 47 inch LG tv (in the front room) that is less than

Customer Question

I have a 47 inch LG tv (in the front room) that is less than 2 years old. I also have a second tv in the bedroom. Yesterday I watched the tv in the front room and left for several hours. When I came back I could not get a picture.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Sorry I wasn't finished with my explanation. I've been on the telephone with the direct tv person and done everything - plugged, unplugged, turned things on and off, etc etc. The tv in the bedroom works fine. The tv in the front room now has sound but I never could get a screen. It is black and has remained black. No logo has ever appeared on screen, it is just black. The technician from direct tv suggested I contact you.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not sure what you mean.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I think I've told you what I know.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. In order to help, I need to ask for more info.

1) Can you get the model number off of the back of the TV?

2) What is connected to the set (cable/SAT box, home theater, etc.)?

3) When you first turn the TV on, will the LG "Life is Good" display on the screen?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know when you're able to see my reply.