Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I purchased a UN46EH5000F TV 2.5 years ago, and now the

Customer Question

I purchased a UN46EH5000F TV 2.5 years ago, and now the picture is black, I get audio and can select channels but no picture. How can I test to see what board I need to replace?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you see the menu screens at all?
If you hold a flashlight to the screen, are you able to make out any images that way?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Let me try
I cannot see the menu screen, but can see images with the flashlight
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Nathan, can you please let me know if you are getting these updates, my phone number is ***** and you have my e-mail address...I did not get any answers from you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

My apologies for missing you earlier. Yes your messages came through, but the multiple replies can get delayed through the queue so I'm just now seeing them.

I've sent you an optional call offer, or we can continue here if you prefer.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

I'll plan to continue here, you can accept the call if you wish.

The most likely failure point here is the power supply/led driver board, though in rare cases the actual led lights can fail, you'd always replace the board first, which you can get here: http://bit.ly/2amdUuH

Note that there are a few versions of this, so double check your existing board number for an exact match before ordering.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Nathan,Thank you for your answer, I ordered a power supply board. I should receive it soon. I would like to wait until I have installed it before giving you the rating so I can provide proper feedback. Hope it’s all good.Thank you very muchDan
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Yes that would be just fine, let me know how the power board works out and if that by chance doesn't help we can discuss further options for you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Nathan, I finally got the board. The package says "The latest software is not installed on this board. Make sure you download the latest TV software from SAMSUNG.COM....". Turns out, Samsung will not give you the software or download procedure. They say I must go to a Authorized service center. So, thinking this was just the latest software anyway, I installed the board. Now the TV does not do anything, it will not turn on or respond in anyway. I re-installed the old board and the TV is still completely dead. Any ideas as to what is going on here?
Thanks,
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

It sounds like you may have a loose/missing connector inside. Put the old board back, power on if possible to test, then replace the new board and if it comes on you can try to manually install the latest software off the samsung site here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN46EH5000FXZA under the downloads tab

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No luck, same results (P.S - I will be absent until Aug 22 - on vacation :-) )
Thanks Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Were you able to get it on at all to even try the update?