Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Needing help setting up the connections. In the Player I

Customer Question

Needing help setting up the connections. In the Player I have the RED, WHITE & YELLOW cords in the VCR IN section and on the TV I have the corresponding colours in the AV Output section. I probable have them incorrectly as there is no picture from the Video I have inserted.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I only bought it today secondhand
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Sorry I'm green at this. I have tried putting them in the DVD/VCR OUT section
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: not really thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the VCR and the TV.

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is their any sound please?

Anthony

Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

The described "...the RED, WHITE & YELLOW cords in the VCR IN section and on the TV I have the corresponding colours in the AV Output section..." would appear to be reversed. The VIDEO OUT and AUDIO OUT of the VCR should be used and must be connected to the VIDEO IN and AUDIO IN of the TV.

Then the TV would have to be set for external INPUT or SOURCE something like AV or VIDEO but not COMPONENT not HDMI.

Additionally, check or better yet replace the yellow + red & white RCA-to-RCA cables.