Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have Sharp 50le442U TV. when I plug power in it is in the

Customer Question

I have Sharp 50le442U TV. when I plug power in it is in the standby mode. but when I turn power on the led turn to green. Then it is stuck there. no further change even could not turn it off.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Thanks
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I think it is about 2 years old.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no more. Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Offhand this appears to be that the TV's Mainboard is locked up- which in many cases requires replacement to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If so, then the part number: Sharp 9JY0150CTN06100 Main Board would need to be replaced. This board is the brains of the set and processes the turn on/off commands. If the Sharp logo does not display on your screen and you cannot shut the TV off without unplugging it, the Mainboard needs to be replaced.

A shop will generally charge close to $275 parts and labor for repair and can be located at the link below if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?