Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician

Toshiba Satellite S55t-C5164-4K The screen makes a lot of

Customer Question

Toshiba Satellite S55t-C5164-4K
The screen makes a lot of software super small size print on the screen
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there Harley and welcome

Can you tell me which version of windows you are running on it please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is a new computer, Windows 10. I can send you a screen picture so you can see better the problem. I am concerned you will just say to alter the screen resolution from 3840 pixels across as that does not solve the problem of why some programs work properly and others do not. I got a computer with 3840 pixels and would expect the software to adapt and if that is not normal, for the manufacturer to make some way for the computer to adapt the software.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, but the software cannot adapt to such a high resolution... I understand your expectation for the manufacture to fix this, but you would need to take that up with them, I can only explain the issue and possible work arounds.

When the programs where made, 3840 did not exist, or was never considered, hence the issue...

Some programs were written in a way to just adapt on a ration scale and some not, the ones not you see are having the issue.

Try right clicking an icon on a program that has the issue, choose properties, compatibility then tick Run in 640 x 480 resolution

How does it then look?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will try
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

thanks, ***** ***** know the results as the issue is resolution.