Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I pressed a button on the ATT Uverse remote, a mute

Customer Question

I pressed a button on the ATT Uverse remote, a mute indicator popped up in the RT Top corner, (normally in Left top) and now I have no sound on any channel.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just happened.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to re-create by pressing buttons around the INFO button on remote, Turned set off, unplugged TV set, ran volume all the way up and then down, pressed real mute on Uverse remote and TV remote.
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: Westinghouse LD-2480. TV remote is what came with it and the ATT Uverse remote is from them.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: What's the cost?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the TV Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: OK
Category: TV
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please disregard. Help no longer needed. Re-booted ATT Uverse receiver and sound is back.
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 3 months ago.

Hello please tell me if you use another source such as DVD can you hear sound from the TV please?