littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

My Samsung TruSurround XT has been terrific years. Just

Customer Question

my Samsung TruSurround XT has been terrific for many years.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just recently, 2 week , it has been slow to start up. Soetomes it clicks and not the happens then clicks again and stars up. The startup red light blinks and nothing happens. 15 to 30 seconds later it does it again. yesterday it took 15 minutes of trying, un-pluggind and plugging to start.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugged it and plugged it back. I should have mentioned, It is attached through a TIVO
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: just thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. What you're describing is a power board that is getting weaker. As capacitors get old, they can start to leak, and not hold enough power. Taking longer and longer to power up is a definite sign of bad capacitors. Your power board will need to be replaced to fix it permanently.

It will cost about $150 in the shop to fix it. If you would like to fix it yourself, you'll need to remove the back of the TV, and get a number off of the power PCB. It's the one that the power cable is connected to. Once you have the numbers, you will have to see if you can find one that is still available. Once you replace it, it should be good as new. Be sure to mark all of the cables so you get them connected back up properly, otherwise you risk damaging other circuits.