Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

We have colored area on 4/5s of the screen with a 2"

Customer Question

We have colored area on 4/5s of the screen with a 2" vertical and full screen horizontal view of the picture at the top.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: We just turned the TV on last week and it was that way. We have tried it a couple times since then but the same thing happens. We are trying to decide whether it is fixable or if we need to give up and buy a new TV.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I am at work right now so I will have to email you back with that information. I will check in with you tomorrow. Thank you.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The only thing we have done is to unplug everything and plug it all back in again. Same result. We were going to change TVs to see if it was the cable, but I don't think it is.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, that is basically the problem.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the make/model of the tv?
You can bookmark this page to follow up with me at your convenience.

In the meantime, please check a few things for me: does this happen on all sources/inputs (cable/satellite, dvd, apps, etc)? does this also happen on the tvs own setup menus?

Is the sound still working ok?