Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Panasonic lifi HDTV is blinking an orange lamp light when

Customer Question

My Panasonic lifi HDTV is blinking an orange lamp light when I try to cut it on and after a few hours of being on it is just cutting off what can I do to fix it
JA: Just to clarify, what's the HDTV's exact make and model?
Customer: model number pt-56lcz70
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I lost the manual testing manual so I have just been giving it seems hours and eventually it cuts back on this time it has not
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No mam just that the orange lamp light continues to pop back on
Category: TV
Expert:  Sam Dennis Bradley replied 4 months ago.

Thank You for the question! This set uses a "LIFI Lamp." Part info below and it is probably the problem. This is NOT a lamp that a consumer can change. One piece of advice for you: Pack a lunch when you go to change the lamp yourself. You need to remove the entire light engine and carefully remove all of the metal shielding around the lamp. Don't disassemble until you get the new lamp first. Unless you have a photographic memory, you don't want to tear this down and try to reassemble several days later. When you do get the old lamp out, put the old one and the new one side by side and make sure you transfer all of the shields before you reinstall it. Part number should be: LFS4000PA1 Do a Google search with this part number and be sure it matches the compatible model number.