Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am getting an "invalid input" when I choose HDMI on my LG

Customer Question

I am getting an "invalid input" when I choose HDMI on my LG tv. The signal is being sent via a satellite receiver, through a Yamaha AV receiver and then out to the TV.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Never happened before
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Pulling my hair out and cursing...
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Seriously, I have tried many things.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "... LG tv...satellite receiver...Yamaha AV receiver..." Additionally, have you tried directly connecting the satellite receiver by HDMI to the TV?