Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Panasonic 50" Vieta TV, model TC-P50C2, hooked to

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic 50" Vieta TV, model TC-P50C2, hooked to Cable (Sudden Link), with a Sony VCR player. As I am hard of hearing, I use closed caption a lot. while using the VCR, we have gotten CC without a problem. Suddenly, the VCR will flash a message that CC is "Off" and will not turn on. I can move VCR player to another TV & it works fine with cc. If I play a disc that we have already watched with CC, it still will not turn on. The TV will play closed caption on a regular program ok.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the "...Cable (Sudden Link), with a Sony VCR player..." Additionally, please describe how the TV, the cable box and the Sony VCR are inter-connected using what kind of cable(s).