Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Samsung LED TV (UN65F7100) with a backlight issue.

Customer Question

I have a Samsung LED TV (UN65F7100) with a backlight issue. There is a horizontal "dark" ban in the middle of the TV. When the TV has been off for a while and I turn it on, it takes a few minutes for the issue to appear.
I figure its either a bad LED band or a bad LED power supply. How do I figure out which?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the band OVER the menu too please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is over the menu and when I run the diagnostic it is over all the diagnostic images.

Its very likely to be a bad t-con board this drives the LCD panel you will need to replace it do you think you can do this work yourself?I will provide all the necessary info to do that, just to emphasize this is a plug in board

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can perform that work, but I'm pretty sure its not the t-con board, since the problem is horizontal. Also, its definitely a backlighting issue, not an issue with the LCD panel, as the picture is fine, just missing the backlight.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
just to add more detail, if I turn the backlight off, the picture looks dark, but uniform (no issue). When I turn it up, I see the dark ban on the image.