Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

It's pretty much black on half the screen, just happened

Customer Question

Hi. It's pretty much black on half the screen
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just happened about a week ago...been like that ever since
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not much really, just watched a few You Tube videos. Says something about replacing one of the boards inside.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope that's about it. Ty
Category: TV
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm trying to fix a Sanyo model # ***** LCD TV. It's black on half the screen, fine on the other. I watched a cpl You Tube videos...they are saying it's one of the boards inside. Any thoughts. Seems to be a fairly common issue with these TV's.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is half the menu missing too please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Stand by, I'm checking
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The menu is all visible, however it's also dark on the right side.

Is it like this if you use other inputs like a DVD player for example?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Is it black on top or bottom half or right or left sides?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The right side only.

Its either a bad t-con board (most likely)or the LCD panel itself (that would be bad news the catch 22 is their is no way to know you ust have to swap out the t-con and hope it fixes the issue however it has a very good chance do you wish to pursue that?cost of board around $80

Let me know

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (Iam a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That's what I learned on You Tube. Wanted a second/third opinion. One more thing, can I just unplug it to work on it safely?

Its fairly easy to replace

Glad to help, what you need to do is get the back off the set, now you will see a unmistakeable ribbon or multistrand label going from the mainboard (thats the one with all the AV input connectors on)to the t-con usually mounted upper middle of the set and may be covered by a metal shield, you need to carefully get this board out of the set (its about 5 inches by 2 half)and retrieve the partnumber found on the board itself with this partnumber go to www.shopjimmy.com first if they dont have it google the partnumber for suppliers

If you have any problems let me know this is open for 30 days

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You've been incredibly helpful!! Thank You

Your Welcome

If you need more help ust come back here so bookmark this page thanks again

Anthony

Please however remember the rating with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thanks again

Anthony

Do you need more help with this please?