Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Picture disappeared but sound stayed. Then sound went too.

Customer Question

picture disappeared but sound stayed. Then sound went too. All we get is brief LG Logo when cycling power switch. NO menu, nothing.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: NO. This was the first time any problem. TV purchases 10/2013. Called TW service thinking it was cable problem but it wasn't. Tech said he thought it might be a replaceable module in set.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Don't know what to try.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: swapped this TV with a 42 incher LG temporarily so we could watch TV. Failing one is not currently plugged in but we can hook it up if needed.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

In order for me to run checks on the set I will need the model number please found on the back of the set please?

Anthony