Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a mains fuse on a LGP42-08H TV. Went 'pop' while

Customer Question

I have a blown mains fuse on a LGP42-08H TV. Went 'pop' while running. I can find no shorted diodes or transistors in the primary or secondary circuits. Mains bridge rect is OK. I had my own business for over 30 years but have been out of it for 10 years. I don't have a circuit diagram for this set. Anything you can suggest other than replacing electro's 505, 508, 510, 511, & 512 before I try replacing the fuse and turning it back on. Dan
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi Dan

Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

If there are no obvious defects then go ahead and replace the fuse and try again.

Observe the board carefully and check for any signs of overheating. If there is, turn it off immediately.

If the fuse blows again, then one of the electrolytics may be shorted out - try replacing them and see if that helps.

Let me know how you get on...

Pete.

Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?