Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Trying to connect Sony model kdl508w000c, need code video

Customer Question

trying to connect Sony model kdl508w000c, need code for amazon video hook up
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. The list of supported Sony TV's for Amazon Prime are at the link below- and the KDL-50W800C is not listed as being supported:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/devices

While you can try to get the code for the KDL-50W800B, and see if that will work- there is a chance that the suffix "C" will not be supported.

In that case, an external device such as the Amazon Firestick would be needed and would simply connect to one of the TV's HDMI ports and will stream Prime directly from the stick. These can be purchased for around $40 at Best Buy, or directly at the link below:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-fire-tv-stick-black/9999119.p?id=1219460752591&skuId=9999119&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=e5bfdd32-2690-4387-b59c-cc7d74cb5cde&ksprof_id=16&ksaffcode=pg53500&ksdevice=c&gclid=CjwKEAjwn7e8BRCUqZiP_vnrtBkSJAC_lp4HVShXfaPzZ2KRJELRbRkL3KHfdkQ6kKxGbDW9LDUc6BoCMnLw_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?